Staffing opportunities may still be available for Young Adult Staff and Adult Staff (individuals 19 and older). Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Youth Staff-in-Training Program
GUIDE is pleased to announce the release of applications for youth ages 16-18 to join us at GTI 2023 as staff-in-training! This revamped model welcomes 15 youth to join our staff to learn leadership, facilitation and communication skills with the intent that they will graduate and continue to serve on staff with even more opportunities for many years to come!
- Participation in leadership workshops
- Leading energizers and icebreakers
- Providing support in various aspects of the program (setup and cleanup of sessions, materials prep, etc.)
- Active engagement with other GTI staff including participation in program sessions, mentor relationships, Connection Groups and more
- Connecting with program participants
- Modeling appropriate behaviors
The Youth Staff-in-Training program is made up of youth leaders who practice good decision-making and live a healthy, substance-free lifestyle by abstaining from alcohol, tobacco and other drug use. Participants will go through an application and interview process, as well as intensive training both before and during the program. These youth should be good role models in their community and ready to experience leadership growth.
In order to be eligible, you must be:
- Age 16 or older by June 8, 2023;
- Enrolled as high school student for the 2022-2023 school year;
- Fully vaccinated from COVID-19;
- Able to attend our virtual kickoff on May 6; and
- Able to fully attend our staff training (June 8-11) and program this summer (June 12-16).
Application deadline: April 26, 2023, by 5 pm
If your application is selected, we will contact you directly about participating in a virtual staff interview. All applicants will be notified of their selection status by the last week of April.