Georgia Teen Institute is a program of Gwinnett United in Drug Education, Inc. (GUIDE). Multiple GUIDE staff members work year-round to plan and implement the program. GUIDE’s Associate Executive Director, Mary Kate Chapman, is responsible for GTI, and she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgia Teen Institute Seasonal Staff
In addition to GUIDE employees, Georgia Teen Institute is fully staffed and peer-led by high school and college age volunteers. Each staff member is responsible for carrying out the program’s goals through team building, networking and skill building sessions. Staff are carefully screened and selected through an intense application and interview process. Once they are selected, they are required to attend two full weekends of staff development training.
Our Georgia Teen Institute Staff are the reason for the success of GTI. We could not hold our programs without them. They run Family Groups, assist with workshops, facilitate Team Meetings and do several of behind-the-scenes jobs. They are full-time volunteers while at camp – and are the greatest group of youth and young adults that the state of Georgia has to offer!
All applicants have equal chance of being asked to serve as staff for GTI programs. Anyone applying to be on staff at any level must:
- Complete the online application thoroughly and on time;
- Participate in either an in-person Staff Orientation/Interview Session or a phone interview;
- Lead a healthy lifestyle, which includes not drinking underage or using tobacco or other drugs;
- Participate in training (Youth Staff must attend Staff Development Weekends, and Young Adult Staff and Adult Staff may be asked to attend these in addition to their specialized training); and
- Attend at least one full week-long GTI program.
At GTI, all staff may be asked to serve as workshop assistants, lead energizers, staff Free Time, lead Team Meetings and Family Groups, lead team building and complete other duties as assigned. See below for GTI staff levels:
Youth Staff (YS)
Youth Staff should be between the ages of 15-18 and must be at least a freshman in high school at the time of application.
Young Adult Staff (YAS)
Young Adult Staff should be between the ages of 18-22 and must be out of high school for at least one year at the time of the program.
Adult Staff (AS)
Adult Staff should be at least 23 years of age.