Welcome to Georgia Teen Institute University!
Through this innovative virtual learning experience, Youth Action Team (YAT) Adult Advisors and leaders have the opportunity to learn, grow, network and collaborate as they prepare to empower youth to serve as catalysts for change in their communities.
The GTI University Continuing Education Program is only open to Adult Advisors and leaders whose YAT participated in the GTI University 2020 Graduate Degree Program. The 2021 program will build upon skills and knowledge learned previously and prepare YATs for a successful school year.
**Please Note: GTI University Continuing Education is a program name, not an official university of any sort. The program offered is not an official degree, rather it documents completion of the hours indicated in the descriptions below.**
Continuing Education Program
Participating in the Continuing Education Program gives Adult Advisors and leaders the core knowledge they need to work with their YAT, opportunities for topical courses to hone new and necessary skills and a Practicum Experience that ties together all of the learning in a final project: the YAT Action Plan.
Participants in this program engage in the following:
- Program Orientation (1 hour, required)
- Core Courses (8 hours, required)
- Elective Courses (6 hours, required)
- Practicum Experience (final project, required)
- Extracurriculars (none required, participation encouraged)
- Office Hours (none required, participation encouraged)
- Graduation (1 hour, required)
Registration for the Continuing Education Program is for two YAT leaders per team and includes a mailed Welcome Kit; access to all GTI University live and on-demand courses through September 30, 2021; limited edition GTI University swag; a printed GTI University Degree; the YAT monthly and Inspired to Make Healthy Choices e-newsletters; and technical assistance and project support from GTI during the 2020-21 school year.
Orientation will be held on Tuesday, February 2 from 11 am – 12 pm and is a requirement of the Continuing Education Program. If you are unable to attend, the orientation recording will be sent to you to view.
Office hours are not a requirement; however, we encourage you to use this time to join GUIDE staff should you have questions about the program, courses, working with your YAT, etc. Office hours will be held on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, February 16, 12 – 1 pm
- Thursday, March 18, 9 – 10 am
- Friday, April 30, 3 – 4 pm
- Tuesday, May 25, 12 – 1 pm
- Thursday, June 25, 9 – 10 am
- Friday, July 23, 3 – 4 pm
- Tuesday, August 24, 12 – 1 pm
- Thursday, September 16, 9 – 10 am
During the months of January – September 2021, you will receive information about other opportunities to engage and learn virtually. You will receive this information via the YAT monthly e-newsletter. Please note that while these opportunities are not required, they are encouraged.
The Practicum Experience is required. This experience is simply working with your YAT to create an action plan for the 2020-21 school year. You will receive the following information via email. The below will help you meet this deliverable:
- GTI Team Meetings Facilitator’s Guide: If you want step-by-step directions on how to complete the GTI Team Action Plan, this document is for you!
- YAT Funding Spreadsheet: Don’t know what kind of funding you have? Underage drinking? Opioid? Both? Check out this document for answers.
- Georgia Student Health Survey & Kid’s Count Data by County
- GTI Team Action Plan: This is the form you need to complete with your YAT and submit no later than August 15, 2021.
- If you want extra help on how to use this information while crafting your Team Action Plan, check out this webinar from 2020 GTI University programming.
Graduation will be held on Friday, September 17, 2021 from 11 am – 12 pm. Graduation is required.
The registration deadline is 5 pm on January 17, 2021.
Download the GTI University 2021 Course Catalog and Course List!